Just because you have a small business, that does not mean that you do not need a human resources professional standing by to help. Whether you have one employee or one hundred, there are employment laws that affect your workplace. One of the services provided by James Becker is human resources counseling.
Over the years, Mr. Becker has helped small business owners with human resource issues such as:
- Maintaining effective and lawful employment policies
- Ensuring compliance with wage and hour and other employment laws
- Handling employee discipline
- Training managers and employees on their obligations under various state and federal employment laws
- Protecting intellectual property and customer relationships from employee theft
- Responding to government investigations
Your business is the livelihood for you and your family. The employees of your business are your greatest asset and your greatest risk. You may not need a full-time dedicated human resource professional, but you need someone who you can turn to for assistance with handling these issues.